Mr. N.Z. Khuzwayo
Social and Economic Development consist of the following sections:
- To assist economical distressed communities by promoting a favorable business environment through strategic investment public infrastructure and technology.
- To provide tools and information to maximise district competitiveness and enable economic growth for UThukela Industries.
- To enhance economic growth for communities by developing partnership with private sectors and non-governmental organisations.
- To promote GIS services and its benefits, create awareness of how GIS can assist functions of the departments.
- To initiate, facilitate, coordinate, catalyse and implement an integrated rural development programme.
- To promote productivity in land reform projects through effective implementation of the recapitalisation and development programme.
- To assist in tourism planning through the development of tourism policies and preparation of long term plan.
- To appraise and monitor tourism projects.
- To prepare and provide statistical data and information on tourism matters.
- To act as a repository of spatial data in the district.
- To provide professional planning services in the district.
- To develop SDF for the District.
- To assist local municipalities with the assessment of the development planning applications in terms of Spatial land use act.
- To initiate strategic development plans in response to development challenges.
- To create awareness around disaster and assist communities during times of need.
- To attend to complains and incidents reported by the community.