Our Internal Audit Section has two sub-units namely the Risk Management Unit and Forensic Services Unit:
This unit is responsible to coordinate and facilitate risk management processes within the Municipality. This unit ensures that there are policies and procedures in place to enable the implementation of risk management processes. Risk Management assists the Municipality in ensuring that objectives that have been set are achieved within a tolerable degree of residual risks. The results of the risk assessment are the basis of the annual internal audit plan. All officials are responsible to incorporate risk management processes in their day to day activities.
- To assist and support management of the council in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with analyses, recommendations, appraisals, council and information concerning the activities examined and by promoting effective control at reasonable cost,
- To ensure that risks are identified and managed properly,
- To ensure that correct and accurate financial management, and operational control systems and procedures are in place to enable management to gain trustworthy information useful in decision making processes,
- To evaluate the performance management system and performance reports, and
- To ensure that high quality service delivery takes place by the economic and efficient utilisation of available resources.