Grants and expenditure section is responsible for the liability management, payroll management, Financial risk management and grants administration. It is comprised of four units namely; Accounts payable, Payroll, Grants administration and Short term Insurance.
- Payment of staff salaries and councillor allowances
- Payment of third parties
- Submitting statutory returns to SARS
- Accounts payable
- Payment of service providers
- Reconciliation of accounts payable
- Submitting VAT returns
- Short term insurance
- Preparing and monitoring of the short term insurance portfolio
- Handling claims for loss/damages of municipal assets.
- Grants and subsidies administration
- In-year reporting of grants and subsidies in terms of Division of Revenue Act
- Monitoring of grant receipts
- Updating and monitoring of grants and subsidies register